Baraza la Wanataaluma wa Kiswahili (BAWAKI) in conjunction with Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) invites you to a conference on the interfacing, relationship and link between language, culture and constitutionalism or constitution- making.
Date: 27 – 29th April, 2011
Venue: Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya.
CONFERENCE THEME: LANGUAGE, CULTURE AND CONSTITUTION
The suggested sub-themes are as follows:
– Kiswahili and Constitutionalism
· National Language and Constitution
· Kiswahili Language and Empowerment
· Kiswahili Language and Space
– Culture, Religion, Theology and Law
– Women, Culture and Constitution
– Translation and Constitution
– Language Policy and Constitution
– (Civic) Education and Constitution
– Language, ICT, Media and Constitution
– Identity and Constitution
– Literature and Constitution
– Governance, Globalization and Constitution
— Meaning, Interpretation and Constitution
– Gender, Youth, Identity and Constitution
– Language, Law and HIV/AIDS
We welcome paper presentations (approx. 20 minutes and 10 minutes of discussions) focusing on the relationship, link and debates related to the above. The language of the conference will be Kiswahili. However, in exceptional cases presentations in English Language will be permitted.
Presenters are to submit TOPICS/ABSTRACTS (500 words max.) in MS Word format to reach BAWAKI/Department of Kiswahili, Catholic University of Eastern Africa, by 30th December, 2010. Abstracts should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Tel. +254 711 140 252; +254 738 570 517
Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged, and acceptance of abstracts will be done by 30th January, 2011. Abstracts will be distributed at the conference. Kindly put your contact details and your abstract on two separate pages.
Please note: Confirm attendance by 15th February, 2011.
CONFERENCE FEES: Kshs 3,000 Students: Kshs 2,000
International: US $ 100
Contacts: Mr. Timothy Arege (Chair, BAWAKI): Cell: 0722 809 426 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Maurice Amutabi (Catholic University of Eastern Africa) Cell: 0700 744 545 E-mail: email@example.com